Sunday, January 14, 2018

10 things about MANILA

Accommodation : Hilik Hostel, Makati area 
Length of stay : 2 nights

1. Check metered taxi, there are 2 options, coupon taxi (a little bit more expensive) and yellow taxi. I chose yellow taxi, but still the driver made a deal for 500 pesos to Makati. So no choice for me -__-'

2. I took Uber all the time during the trip, so I can make it faster to go here and there. So little time so much coffee shop and places list :D

3. Manila is all about malls. For chasing Jollibee, I like Power Plant Mall, because it's not too big and crowded. But you still have to see the 4th biggest mall in Philippines and 11th in the world, SM Mall of Asia. My favourite is also Greenbelt Mall which has 5 mall buildings but it was nice they have park in between malls and it's so green-y. 

4. Going to exhibition or museum probably could be an option when you don't know where to go besides mall and Intramuro (historical area).  I went to Manila Contemporary Art and Design (MCAD). They had "Serenity of Madness" which turned out to be the most depressing exhibition I've ever seen. 

5. Ayala Museum was really worth the 425 P to see Philippines history. 

6. Intramuros (historical area) is nice when the sun is already a bit down. It was nice to have an afternoon stroll. I took pedicab (they charged 350 Pesos per 30 minutes but bargain-able). Feel bad because my bike driver is originally from the area and he told me lots of stories about the place, so I only bargained 300 P. And be careful, even they are looking nice, sometimes they'll scam you too. 

7. If you will spend a weekend in Manila, try to go to the sunday market, Legazpi Sunday Market. They are selling foods and stuff, just like a flea market, in Manila way. 

8. Food to try : Jollibee of course! But on my last day, I decided to have a quick visit to try Wildflour cafe+bakery, and I didn't regret it because I love this place and the bread was so good! (It's Instagram-able as well!)

9. Coffeeshop I've visited : 
- Habitual Coffee : Try Kalsada, the Philippines washed in aeropress!
- Yordstick : Their Coldbrew no.1 was the best!
- Curator Coffee & Cocktails : Their recommended drink was Shake-O What-O (coffee, milk, coconut). 

10. Manila is possible for long weekend trip! And I finally completed my bucket list to visit all southeast Asia countries!  :D










No comments:

Post a Comment